Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Quilting Day

I finally got the D9P on Priscilla. I decided on a line and loop quilting pattern. I tried to do feathers at the top, but they were a disaster. I will decided tomorrow whether to rip them out or just hope Mary Ann knows they were done out of love. Someday, I will get them right.
I used Superior Threads King Tut thread for this quilt. Who knew thread could be so wonderful? It gave me the best tension I have had with Priscilla (my Juki and Little Gracie Frame, for those of you who may have forgotten). I love the look of the variegated thread. I am going to have to take a more serious look at thread. This is all so new to me. I am so thankful for my online friends who have pointed me in this direction.
I nearly finished the quilting on this lap quilt today, but had to stop to go watch Bella. Tomorrow morning, I will finish the quilting. By tomorrow evening, I should have the binding atached and stitched down. Mary Ann's birthday is at the end of the month, so I am planning on getting it into the mail on Thursday or Friday. I really like this quilt and hope she enjoys it, as well.
First thing this morning, I made a little valentine surprise for Tom. I will post a photo of it tomorrow. Until then, joyful quilting.

No comments: