I put all the cut up pieces of the D9P on the design wall. I played with them for a while, and I think this is how they will be sewn together. One of the things I don't like about working with charm packs, when I am working with more than one, is the number of repeated fabrics. For some reason, it really bothered me with this project. I like the way it looks now, but I was really struggling with it. Now, all I need is to sew it together and find some border fabric and backing. No easy trick for someone on a budget.
I set off early this morning to go to SewExpo 2011. I wasn't going to go because I really don't have money to spend, and it was a bit of a hassle to get there and find parking. I decided to go at the last minute because I foolishly believed that since sewing machines would be at special show prices, so would fabric and thread. Boy, was I naive. The prices were outrageous at almost every booth. I enjoyed looking around, seeing all the new fabrics and quilt ideas, but I didn't buy much. I did, however, meet Ricky Tims and buy his book about convergence quilts. Now that I looked up the Amazon site for the book, I wish I hadn't purchased it at the expo. It is $5.00 cheaper on Amazon. Live and learn. I did get to talk to Ricky for a few minutes about his Rhapsody quilts. I have the start of a pattern for the background pieces. He gave me some good advice. Maybe I will do this after all. Of course, that would mean purchasing fabric. I will just have to keep scouring the sales.