Monday, February 28, 2011

Odds and Ends


I spent the weekend cat sitting in Bremerton.  This is where my very wonderful former quilter friend lives.  This weekend, she gave me a quilt stand.  It is quite wonderful.  Here it is in the former living room with the quilts that are waiting to be quilted.  Soon, I hope it will hold finished quilts, but for now it is a perfect place for my tops.  Thank you, Merlyn.


When I got home this afternoon, I put this third border on the quilt I started last week.  I think the next go around will be stars.  I have some ideas about what I want to do, but nothing is set in concrete.  I really love the fabric I used for this new border.  I bought quite a bit of it a while back, but this is the first time I have used it. 

While were in Bremerton, I worked on a cathedral window pillow top.  I got the background squares sewn before we left and started doing the hand work over there.  I haven't done cathedral window for years.  I decided to give it a try when I saw this cool pillow over at Lilac Lane.  I have been trying to come up with something I can work on when I am away from home.  I notice that many quilters are working with hexies, but I am not really entranced with them.  This cathedral window may be just the thing. 

It is going to be a busy week around here, so I won't be blogging again until Thursday.  Thanks for stopping by.  Joyful quilting, everyone.

1 comment:

Willa said...

I agree about the need to have something easy to carry around and do while on the go - let me know if you come up with any more ideas.