The first thing I did today was sew the star together. The points don't all match in the center, but it did lie flat, which was my goal. I decided to add a 1/4" containment border at this point.
Then I added some of Sally's strips for another border. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do next, so I cut a bunch of 2.5" squares.
I was thinking about maybe doing a bunch of half square triangles, but decided I needed something that wasn't triangular. I started making rows of squares, then put it on the wall to see what that would look like.
I thought it looked too busy, and I wanted a place for my eye to rest, so I added another red border.
I made another set of squares for the other side, but tried them out on the bottom to see what it would look like with these all around the center.
I think I am going to like this.
This is where I stopped today. Tomorrow, I will finish the top and bottom squares. Then I will have more decisions to make. At this point, it is 32" wide. I would like to grow it to a lap quilt size. I have toyed with the idea of a sawtooth border. Unfortunately, I am running very low on fabrics for this quilt. I only have a little of one of the yellows left. I may be able to find another red that will work. The blue is going to be a challenge. I will check deeper into my stash and see what I come up with.
Until tomorrow, joyful quilting everyone.