Have you ever really liked a block so much you wanted to make more but didn't really want a whole quilt from it? This was one of the Grandmother's Choice blocks that I really liked. When Victoria called for 12.5" blocks for a friend, I immediately thought of this block. Then I realized I had the measurements for an 8.5" block. Ordinarily, that wouldn't be a problem, but this one has those pesky triangular pieces. After a couple of careful measurements, I was able to enlarge the pattern and create the block in the right size. What fun.
Have you ever put together a piece, quilted it, and then had trouble deciding how to bind it? I have cropped this photo to show it all squared up, but this piece really has some irregular measurements. It is the piece I made for the October challenge over at Modern 8 Create last year. I just finished hand quilting the piece. Now that I have cropped it into a perfect rectangle, I think I like it much better with the irregular sides. Now to find fabric to use for binding. The back is all the red stripped fabric you see on the lower left. Fabulous find at the thrift store, just like much of the rest of this piece.
It is nice to have a new card reader. It was a long day of training for Univera, then getting some salmon for visiting family. I don't think I will have any more studio time until Friday. I may sneak in there now and then if I can. Until then, joyful quilting everyone.