Friday, March 4, 2011

A new D9P

I have been piecing this top as a leader and ender project, but today I decided to finish putting together the nine patch blocks.  Here they are on the wall, just before I sewed them together.  Now, I have cut them all again and am playing with placement on the wall.  I am trying to decide whether or not to put sashing between the blocks.  So far, I am liking the look without the sashing.  I will have to find the fabric for the borders no matter which way I go.  I used most of three charm packs for this part.  This photo does not do the colors credit.  Sorry about that.

The other thing I did today was to cut all the leftover food fabric into 2.5 inch strips.  I found a great pattern in Kim Brackett's Scrap-Basket Surprises.  The pattern is called Market Baskets.  I thought it was apropos.  It is all made from 2.5 inch strips.  I am excited about making another quilt with these fabrics.  Tom has already planned a place on the wall for it.  Now, I just have to cut the strips into the right sizes.  I also need to find enough light colored fabric for the ground.  I was going to use the potato chip fabric, but I don't have enough.  Looks like I am going to have to find some fabric sales.

Joyful quilting, everyone.

1 comment:

Willa said...

I can send you some potato chip fabric though I don't know howe much till I get back to VA. I do have LOTS of popcorN if that could substitute.