Saturday, February 12, 2011


I had a great time visiting my sister the past few days in Bremerton. On Friday, we visited a couple of quilt shops nearby. I really liked Material Girls in Silverdale. When you first walk in the door, you are greeted with a stunning selection of really beautiful batiks. There are wonderful quilts on all the walls. The fabric selection is just the sort of stuff I really like. This shop also carries Bernina sewing machines. My sister is looking to purchase a new machine, so she did some research while we were there. I also looked at the 350 and the 380. They are just what I would like to have, but I just got a new quilting machine and frame, so my old Honey will do just fine.
One of the things Honey needs is help sewing straight lines. I wanted to buy a foot that had a 1/4" guide to help me, but it was $45.00. My sister has the same model of Bernina (old 831 from 1972), so she let me look through her feet. She didn't have the one I wanted, but she did have an open front foot, another one I wanted. It has a hole in the back of it. When I got home, I pulled out my box of accessories and found a piece that goes through the hole, and creates a 1/4" guide. Wahoo!! Thanks, sis.
Another wonderful surprise is two more bins of fabric from Merlyn. I am so excited. There is one bin of creams and whites, and one of browns and incredible paisleys. I am so lucky to have my own quilt angel. Thank you, Merlyn.
The photo above shows the progress I am making on my grab bag quilt. I found the prettiest flannel to back it at Material Girls. It should be ready to quilt in the next few days. I just have to get two other quilts done. One goes on the frame tomorrow morning. It is going to be a busy quilt week for me. This is a good thing.

No comments: