Today was a finishing day. I finished quilting the D9P for Mary Ann. I have the binding machine attached and will hand sew it down this evening. For a photo of my pin cushion while I was unpinning the quilt from the frame, check out Tom's Facebook page. I really like the colors in this quilt. They don't show up well in this photo, but it is a very warm quilt. I also finished up this months preemie quilt. My intuition quilt is still on the design wall. All the blocks for the chemo quilt are pieced and the sashing cut. The blocks for the new D9P are partially stitched together. I have begun putting together the fabric for my Coming Home quilt (a new design of mine), my tea party quilt (another design of mine), and the American Hero quilt. I have the design done for the February Alzheimer's Art Initiative quilt. There is never enough time in a day.
Finally, here is the UFO I started about 30 years ago. The lace is from an old dress. The center piece is from a dress made in the Roaring Twenties. The beaded piece on the lower right is also from an old dress. I cal this piece For Madame. I obtained all the embellishments from a very good friend who went by Madame. She collected and sold vintage clothing and jewelry. When there was something that was not otherwise salvageable, I bought them for my collection. If I was to do it all again, I would use a different fabric for the third border, but I will work with what I have. I think I have found some fabric for the next couple of borders. I think it may end up about 36" x 36".