There is nothing like a basic nine patch. These were made for the Comfort Quilt Bee. I was trying to grow my blue stash, but I discovered I am still very short on selection. I need to work on that.
This block is for Stash Bee Hive 1. I have not used wonky triangles before. It was harder for me to do than I expected. Sometimes, I still have trouble letting go of the "rules." There is also a geometry problem of making sure the triangles are big enough to make sure they cover the corner. I got lucky for the first few until I figured out how to make it work better for me. Then, I got to make a wonky star.
I can't believe this is the first one of these I have made. Fear had stopped me. Now, I feel very comfortable with the process, and I like the look. This is for Stash Bee Hive 2. You would think with a name like Stash Bee, people would be encouraged to use from their stash. Not so, for me. This months leader requested "modern" fabrics in bright colors. I don't usually purchase this genre of fabric, so I had to go in search of. I found a charm pack of Sassy by Sandy Gervais to purchase. Now, I have most of it left. I think I may make a bunch of these stars up using the rest. First, I have to decide on a background. The Kona Charcoal is dramatic, but too cool a neutral for me. I agree with Freddy Moran who says that red is a neutral. I am going to go more in that direction.
Now that my bee blocks are done, I am going to work on the Improvirobin piece that has arrived, and the International Robin piece. There are also several other things I want to get started on before the week is over. It is going to be a smokin' time in the studio this week.
Joyful quilting, everyone.