Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A finished top


It started with a larger piece of this.  You can see a bigger piece at the Rebels blog.  I cut it into smaller pieces and surrounded them with red and gold Kona solids. 


There were three birds in my piece of fabric, and I wanted to make sure they stood out.


Then, I found some Kashmir at Jinny Beyer Studio that I thought would be perfect.  I love the colors and design in this fabric.  I fancy cut the four corner posts in the outside border so they would all match, just for fun.


Then I put it all together, added a couple of borders, and I have a finished quilt top I really like.  One more top to add to the quilting rack.  I really need to stop building tops, and start quilting the ones I have. Hmmmm.
For the next two days, I will be with my sister in Bremerton.  I probably won't be posting unless I happen to go to a quilt shop or two.  One never knows.
Joyful quilting, everyone.



9 comments:

Samantha said...

I really like that quilt top. I have some larger prints that I should try something like this with. :D Have fun with your sister! If you happen to see my sister (who also lives in Bremerton) tell her I said Hi! LOL!!

Impera Magna said...

Very nice... me likey! What a great way to showcase some great fabrics!

Sujata Shah said...

I love that print! Your top turned out gorgeous. I know what you mean by the stacks of tops.. I need to do something about that too.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This came out wonderfully! Love the print - any bird fabric is a good fabric. Enjoy your time with your sister.

beth said...

Love this quilt top. I can identify with adding "one more" to a pile of quilt tops....:/

Tom Willa said...

I love it, too.. if you need me to quilt the tops, I'm here to help.

Nifty Quilts said...

It looks great! Those borders really gave it punch.

Deborah said...

Your fabric is striking! Love the bird. Lovely borders!

Sarah Craig said...

I love this top, Miki - the colors are marvelous!! Whoop whoop!!