Sunday, September 4, 2011
The first thing I did this morning was to make the back for the corduroy pillow. It is about 17" x 17". I think I am going to make red piping to go around the edge. But that is for another day.
After finishing this, I ran across the street to a garage sale. I have been scouting garage sales lately looking for 100% cotton shirts. I have noticed that the thrift store prices are going up, and I am still searching for the $1-$2 dollar shirts. I scored three this morning for a total of seven for the week. When I got home, I decided to deconstruct some of them. I am building a nice stash of blue plaids, checks, and stripes, and a nice jar filling with buttons. I have darks and lights. I haven't found the perfect pattern yet, but these are going to make a very cool quilt or two. I have also found some wonderful patterns in other colors that I have been using in scrappy things. I love to quilt, but can't afford LQS prices all the time, so I am glad to have found this other source.
My last project of the day this sample of the raffle quilt I am proposing to my guild for next year. At least, that is what I started out to do. I was following a pattern that had stars in it. I kept reversing the HSTs, so decided to go with it to see what happened. Now, instead of stars, I have crosses. I think the guild group will want to go with the blue and white, but I threw in some tan just to see what it would look like. These blocks will be more scrappy than the ones I did, but I went with what I had. I think I like the crosses better than the stars in the pattern. Sometimes, I do reverse HSTs without realizing I am doing it. It seems I have a form of quilter's dyslexia. I don't mind when it turns out this way.
Have a wonderful Labor Day if you are in the US.
Joyful quilting, everyone.