Saturday, May 21, 2011
Backing for the intuition quilt - finally
Some of may remember my intuition quilt that I started way back when I started this blog. I have had the top hanging on the quilt rack for a long time now. Today, I decided to figure out what to make the back with and get it quilted. I found a wonderful piece of batik in the stash from my Quilt Fairy Merlyn. I love that it looks like someone spilled tea all over it, then drew tufts of grass to make it more interesting. I also had a piece of this stripped fabric with all the colors I love. Then, I looked at the design wall and chose two of the blocks I made for 15 Minutes Play. Once I measured all that I found, I figured out how to make it the size I needed, 54" x 56". After I cut and sewed it all together, I cut a piece of batting the same size and put it on the frame. Priscilla my Juki that I use for quilting) was excited to have another quilt to do, especially after I figured out that she is very fussy about the thread she will allow through her system. I was reminded of that yesterday when I tried to use the pink Coats and Clark machine quilting thread I purchased. I had to make a quick road trip downtown to the local shop that carries Superior King Tut. Priscilla likes that thread very much. Today, I chose the blue/green/purple multi. I got everything loaded and the quilting went very smoothly. After I trimmed it down, I sewed on the binding. Now, it is waiting for me to hand stitch it down. I will post a photo of the finished piece tomorrow. I will be very happy to have this done and ready to cover my legs on the still chilly evenings.
Joyful quilting, everyone.