Monday, May 16, 2011

Productive Studio Day


After a very busy Sunday shooting a wedding with Tom, I finally got into the studio the 6" heart onto the SteamASeam paper, folded it in half, and cut about 3/4" in from the outside line.  That gave me a good rim around the heart, and the center is still soft and pliable.  After cutting out the 8 I needed, I took them to the pressing board and got them firmly adhered.  I was very pleased that my idea worked.  Now, I have 8 small SteamASeam hearts for another project.  This quilt has 16 8" blocks, 8 stars and 8 hearts.  I got all the parts cut and the flying geese and square units sewed together, so now I just need to stitch the hearts, and put the star blocks together.  I did get two of them together so you could see where I am going with this.


I noticed that the dark pink square is a bit wonky in this.  I think I can steam it straight.  For the hearts, I have decided to use different decorative stitches for them.  I may use four or eight, depending on my mood.  After I took this photo, I did another one and used a heart motif.  This one has a blanket stitch.  One of my readers suggested that this color combination reminds her of pink lemonade, so I am calling this one Rasberry Lemonade. 
Tomorrow and Wednesday, I am with my granddaughter.  Tomorrow night is guild.  I will get back to this quilt on Thursday.  I need to get it pieced on Thursday and on the frame Friday morning.  I haven't decided how I am going to quilt it yet, but I am sure it will be an all over pattern.  Maybe swirls and hearts.
Joyful quilting, all.

1 comment:

Impera_Magna said...

"Raspberry Lemonade" is the perfect name for this quilt.... very cool!