Friday, March 2, 2012

Something new

Does your normal everyday life ever intrude seriously into your quilting time?  That is what happened to me this morning.  I had to spend far too much time dealing with state bureaucracy and a financial institution this morning.  Unfortunately, it was necessary.  Fortunately, it all worked out well.  After I got that taken care of, I got the Primitiva top put together and ready for borders.  The border fabric arrived this afternoon, so I will put it on tomorrow and post another photo.
Then, I had room to put this newly arrived work on the design wall and audition some fabric for my addition.  This is round three of the Improvirobin I am taking part in.  Willa, my wonderful sister in law, did a stunning and incredible piece of transformation on my round one piece.  You can see it here.  It has now traveled on to a new person for round three.  The piece on my design wall was started by Stephanie at Venus de Hilo, and added to by Jackie at Canton Village Quilt Works.  I have some ideas what I want to do, but I will let it gel for a few days before I jump in.  I will post what I do at the end of the month.
Tomorrow, I have a bunch of little projects that need my attention in the studio.  Until then, joyful quilting, everyone.

No comments: