Monday, October 10, 2011

Studio time

I added two more blocks to the JL QAL.  this time, I used a really nice pink floral.  There are several shades of pink in it.  These will probably not end up near each other in the final quilt.  I just put them together on the design wall so I could see the pattern.  I liked it so much, I decided to make a small one for this months AAQI quilt.

This will finish out as a 9" square with the binding.  I am going to quilt it with red thread with diagonal lines.  I have wanted to make a red and white quilt all year, so here it is.
I also made two more blocks for the BOM sampler.  I am amazed at how different the jade fabric looks in both photos.  It is really about half way between both.


 The other big thing I did today was to load a quilt for BASICs on the frame.  This top and back were pieced by Irene Armok.  You can see her work at her blog.  She does many wonderful things.

This one is going to get an all over stipple.  I really like this quilt.  Someone is going to be very lucky to get it.
Tomorrow, I will be with Bella, so not much studio time I think.  I think I will do a bit of quilting on the BASICs quilt before I pick her up at pre-school.
Have a joy filled day.

7 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I cut my entire JL quilt out this weekend, I will start sewing it together tonight....:D

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your blocks are so neat! Love the Kaffe fabric!

Tom Willa said...

Hi honey
Very cool red and white block, Happy aniversary you're the best!

Sarah Craig said...

Miki, I love this quilt block! For some reason, my eye pulls out the outward-pointing arrows, but I like that! And oh, that BASICS quilts is beautiful.... even if you didn't piece it!! Whoop whoop!! (Hope you had a wonderful day with Bella - Lilli and I had a good time yesterday!!)

Pattilou said...

Oh, those tiny squares are just adorable.

I can't wait to see the crumb block quilt quilted!

Paulette said...

Such pretty eye candy here! Love the jade and red blocks especially! That crumb quilt is awesome.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

The jade with the pinwheel is very cool, but I really love the red and white!