Friday, October 14, 2011

Oh Goodie! New fabric!

Isn't she absolutely adorable?  I fussy cut 15 little fairies from a piece I had of Timeless Treasures for Bella's quilt.  I thought I had enough polka dots to go with to make a nine patch quilt for her big girl bed, but I didn't so I had to go to the LQS this morning.  She has another beautiful one that her Grandma Edwards made, but I just had to make something with these little fairies.  These are all the goodies I have to make this quilt now, including a bright pink Minke backing.

Pinks and purples.  Purples and pinks.  Polka dots galore.  This is going to be fun.

I also had a wonderful time shopping in my friend's incredible stash for the rest of the florals I need for the Jacob's Ladder Quiltalong.  I am pretty excited about finding  such a wonderful group of these old fashioned style florals for this project.  

I have no idea how big this quilt will be when I sew all these into blocks.  I suspect it will be the biggest quilt I have made.  I just have to make sure it doesn't get too big for Priscilla.  She doesn't like anything over 80 inches wide.  She can be so picky.  (For those of you who are new to the blog, Priscilla is my Juki and frame.)  Anyway, tomorrow, I will make another two blocks for the JL.
Until then, have a great evening, everyone.
Joyful quilting.

4 comments:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

I love the fairies and the fabrics you chose to mix with them. My granddaughter would LOVE this. The florals are pretty...I think I might have used one of them in a quilt a while ago. Happy sewing!

sheila 77 said...

Fairies and polka dots and pink, what a lovely combination. And I'm sure Bella will love it too.
Terrific new floral fabrics, pretty and colourful without being too bright. Isn't it great to buy new fabrics, they give your older fabrics a lift.

krisgray said...

Love the florals and those polka dots are fab! That bright pink minkee is just too great for words - the kids love it, don't they?!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Bella's going to go wild over her new quilt. I find that little girls LOVE purple!

Linda