Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Another fun cow and a short survey
I think I will call this one Freckles. I just couldn't help myself today. I found those two small orphan blocks that are in the body and figured they look sort of like cow's stomachs. Of course, you have to squint your eyes and use a heavy dose of imagination. Anyway, I pulled more of the fabrics in the blocks along with some purple and red and started cutting. In my recent donated stash, I found several yards of grassy meadow looking fabric and decided to use some of it. I had a small piece of batik that sort of looks like sky, so I decided to use it as background. This was more fun to make because I had already worked out the measurements. I am going to put more borders and embellishments on this one, I think. Maybe a red hat?
Now for the survey. If you belong now to a quilt guild, or have ever belonged to one, I would be so grateful if you could take the time to answer these few questions.
1. How many dues paying members were in the group?
2. How many of them were active?
3. Did/does your guild have a quilt show?
4. If yes, how often and do you charge admission?
5. What kinds of activities does your guild do? (ie: BOM, exchange blocks, presentation quilts, etc.)
6. If your guild sponsors a quilt show, what percentage of the members enter quilts in the show?
7. I would love some suggestions about how to motivate members who come regularly to meetings to become more active participants in all aspects of the guild.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy days to respond to my survey.
Quilters are the best.
Joyful quilting, everyone.