Thursday, June 30, 2011

Quilt finish, Will's quilt, and new fabric


I finished En Vino Veritas just in time to put up the library display today.  After discussions with Tom and Will (SIL), I selected a dark gray/black batik for the binding.  I quilted the top with light lavender and the back with dark purple.  Here are some details of the quilting.

 

I decided to use a medium size overall stipple, because that is what I know how to do.  One of these days, I really need to set up a practice piece and learn to do something else.





Will started a new quilt for one of her sisters while she was here.  Don't you love the colors?  The sister is a strawberry blond and has a very traditionally styled house.  This is going to be perfect.


While Will was here, we visited quite a few quilt shops.  I did some stash building, as well as picked up some fabrics for a wedding quilt I need to get done before October 1.


I seem to be a sucker for these colors and the floral prints.  They jump off the shelf into my hands if they happen to be in whatever shop I enter.  One of these days, I may have enough to make a quilt.  I also love paisleys.  Go figure.







These are for the wedding quilt.  My sister thinks the greens are not right, so I will have to continue my search for the right green.  It is supposed to be kelly green.  If any of you know a line that has kelly green and white, please let me know.  I haven't found any yet.






Finally, I added to my tiny Jacobs collection. When I went into Island Fabrics and saw all that bright wonderful fabric on the walls, I was hooked.  I will build this stash a little at a time.  I am, however, going to make an AAQI quilt with the center fabric this weekend as my July quilt.




Will left today, so I have lost my quilt shop companion and have no excuses to be out of the studio for a while.  Joyful quilting, everyone.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Miki, the darker fabric was perfect for you quilt. Love how it turned out. Love all your fabrics. I really like the green and black and white. It will make a stunning quilt. Hugs.