Thursday, June 30, 2011
I started the day making a mug rug with scraps from other projects. I needed something ready to show my sis how I do binding. Very autumn-like, I think.
Next, I decided to make a mini for AAQI. This one will finish at 9" x 10" with the binding. I couldn't resist jumping into this Jacobs fabric. It is one of the seashell fabrics. I cut 1.5 inch squares and rearranged them to give a mosaic look. I then did 1/4" sashing. I added one larger solid block that picked up the orange in the main fabric. I have to figure out how to quilt it now. It reminds me of one of those domed aquariums where you stand in the middle and the fish swim all around you.
I ended my studio time with a little more work on my Kandinsky interpretation. It is getting there. There are still spaces to fill in. I have been enjoying the process for this one. No pattern or drawing. Just cutting fabric that is the color I want and adding it to the mix. I also have to figure out how to quilt this one when it is finished.
Tomorrow is another day to play with fabric. Joyful quilting, everyone.