Sunday, April 17, 2011

Starting a new quilt


One of the projects I brought with me is the bag of pieces for the Christmas Ribbons quilt in Kim Brackett's Scrap Basket Surprise book.  This will be my second quilt from this book.  For this, I am using Bali Pops Zinfandel and hand dyed fabric I received from Carol Doak.  I cut all the pieces a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't start sewing the units together until today.  I put together one block so I could see what they will look like.  I think I am going to really like this quilt, but I definitely will have to change the name.  There is nothing Christmas about my version.


This is the Manette Bridge which is undergoing new construction.  It is very near my sister's place and this is the view from the deck.  The sun peaked out between the ever present clouds today and I tried to capture it in the next photo, but it really doesn't show.  Maybe it will be sunnier tomorrow.  This is the view across the bay.


Today, I also quilted a preemie quilt for the guild.  I will never sew with flannel from JoAnns again.  When I pre-washed it, it got all pilly.  Some of those pills were pretty hard and I broke two needles on them.  Now I have to buy new needles for my sis.  Live and learn.  I got the binding sewn on and will do the hand stitching this evening.  Tomorrow, I will sew more on the ribbons quilt, put together a back for Tasmanian Tango, and move all the quilty things off the bed so my husband will have somewhere to sleep when he gets here tomorrow night.
Joyful quilting, everyone.

No comments: