Sunday, March 27, 2011

Studio Day

I spend seven hours in the studio today.  I cleaned off a couple of shelves for my project baskets.  Previously, the shelves were filled with materials for my painting and collage work.  It has been a slow but steady transition from other art media to fabric.  Soon, it will all be fabric.  The best thing is that now, I don't have baskets on my work/cutting table, so I can use my new 6" x 24" Omniqrip ruler.  This is a good thing. 


I spent most of the day piecing together the units for the fruits and vegetable blocks.  I have finally settled on a new name for this quilt, Farmer's Market.  It is all fruits, veggies, and some hazelnuts, and I am going to try and finish piecing the blocks this week.  The bonus is that I have a nice little basket of 1.5" HSTs.  I think I will have enough fabric left to do one, or maybe two more fruit and veggie quilts.


The last thing I did was get out the kit I bought some time ago for a quilt called Nature Rhythms.  The pattern is free from Clothworks.  The fabric is all from the Nature Rhythms collection by Johnny Karwan.  It is a very modern quilt, and different from anything I have made before.  Tom and I saw it at Harbor Quilts in Gig Harbor, Washington.  We both really liked it, so I bought the kit.  It should go together pretty quickly.  I will post the progress as I go.


Joyful quilting, everyone!

No comments: