I spend seven hours in the studio today. I cleaned off a couple of shelves for my project baskets. Previously, the shelves were filled with materials for my painting and collage work. It has been a slow but steady transition from other art media to fabric. Soon, it will all be fabric. The best thing is that now, I don't have baskets on my work/cutting table, so I can use my new 6" x 24" Omniqrip ruler. This is a good thing.
I spent most of the day piecing together the units for the fruits and vegetable blocks. I have finally settled on a new name for this quilt, Farmer's Market. It is all fruits, veggies, and some hazelnuts, and I am going to try and finish piecing the blocks this week. The bonus is that I have a nice little basket of 1.5" HSTs. I think I will have enough fabric left to do one, or maybe two more fruit and veggie quilts.
The last thing I did was get out the kit I bought some time ago for a quilt called Nature Rhythms. The pattern is free from Clothworks. The fabric is all from the Nature Rhythms collection by Johnny Karwan. It is a very modern quilt, and different from anything I have made before. Tom and I saw it at Harbor Quilts in Gig Harbor, Washington. We both really liked it, so I bought the kit. It should go together pretty quickly. I will post the progress as I go.
Joyful quilting, everyone!