Thursday, March 31, 2011

Farmer's Market Quilt


It isn't completely put together, but this is what it looks like on the design wall this evening.  I had a grand time putting together the sashing/border strips and trying not the get two fruits/veggies on the same block.  I ended up with only two blocks with repeated patterns.  Not bad, I think.  This is going to be such a fun quilt.  It is very colorful and really brightens up the studio.  Tomorrow, I think I will finish up the top.  I am still undecided about a plain border to contain all this excitement.  I welcome your feedback if you care to share.
I am also in need of a reasonably priced source for some hand-dyed cotton.  I am looking for something dark with little to no visible pattern.  I found a piece in the box from Carol Doak that I love, but don't have enough of it.  It is what I used for the background on the Sunbonnet Sue.  I need two yards, but can't afford to pay huge sums of money for it.  Any suggestions?
Tomorrow, I will be in the studio again.  Happy quilting, everyone.

8 comments:

Jann Gougeon said...

Wow, Miki . . you've really been cookin'. That's great. You sound like you're having a wonderful time!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like this quilt. What about a nice blue border to frame it? Maybe to match the blueberries. I can't help with the hand-dyed fabrics. Sorry.

Brenda Kay said...

What a wonderful virtual garden. Makes me hungry just looking at it. Great job.

Willa said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! How about dying your own fabric?

Sarah Craig said...

Miki, that's lovely! I have a FQ bundle of that same fabric, and still haven't decided how to use it. I like what you've done with yours!! Whoop whoop!!

Paulette said...

Oh, how FUN! I love how colorful and visually interesting it is!

Laura said...

Such a cute idea of using the fruits and vegetable fabric! Love it!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

this is such a good use of that fabric! I'm hungry now... thank you very much...
wink.