Saturday, March 19, 2011

National Quilting Day Fun

Happy National Quilting Day!  I hope you are all having a wonderful day celebrating quilts, quilting, and quilters.  I left with my friend at 8:30 to get to Sister's in time for the opening.  There was a great sale with 20% off your entire purchase.  This was my first trip to this store, and I will be going back.  It is a small store, but it is jam packed with wonderful fabrics.  There was a wall of very bright prints, many shelves ordered by color, a section of 30's reproductions, civil war reproductions, and the largest selection of flannels I have ever seen.  As promised, here are the goodies I came home with.

I really needed some reds and blues for the American Hero Quilt I said I would make.  There were lots to select from, but my budget allowed only a few - four reds and three blues.  I got a quarter yard of each.  This should get me moving along on this project.








I love paisleys.  I have no idea what I am going to do with them, but I added these three quarter yards bringing the number of paisleys in my stash up to 17.  I just have to find the perfect pattern to show them all off.






I couldn't believe my eyes when I found the Fandango collection by Moda and just the pattern I want to use for the D9P back that I am working on.  I had given up on finding any, so I was very happy to spot it.  I almost missed it, but it called my name just in time.

Sister's also has a wonderful collection of pre-cut fabrics.  I found this Bali Pops, and I love the colors.  I was looking for something to make another quilt from Kim Barrett's book.  This will be perfect.  I also bought background fabric.  I wonder where that got?  I am going to have to look for that.


Wonder of wonders, I found a bolt of this old Moda fabric that I really like.  I didn't think I would ever see it again, but I grabbed a yard of it.  Unlike so many stores, the folks at Sister's haven't gone around and raised prices on all the older bolts in the store, so I got this at the price it was when it first came out.  What a find for me.  It will become something very wonderful very soon.

I had a great time today.  When I got home, I put together two more blocks of market baskets - figs and limes this time.  This is going to be a very fun quilt.  Now, I need to go put lines on the light squares for the HSTs.  When I get done with the big quilt, I will have 150 small HSTs to do something fun with.  No waste with this quilt, and no scraps for the scrap bin.  This is a good thing.

No comments: