Remember my Improvi-Robin quilt from last summer? I have finally decided to get it finished. I found some Alexander Henry fabric when I was out with my sister. Actually, she found it and I bought it. I also found some of the fabric Stephanie used on the left and bottom so I could add more to the top. I cut out the three ladies and put them near the top. I have fabric for the back so now all I need is the thread.
Here are the three ladies a little closer.
I am also working on a couple of baby quilts. Bella is going to have a little sister in April and our oldest son and his wife who live in France are having a boy in May. The baby girl quilt is not as far along as the baby boy quilt. I still need fabric for the sashing.
This one is for the baby boy. I know his parents like bright colors. I hope he does as well.
Lastly, I think I have finally figured out how to make a quilt similar to this one.
The antique is hand sewn and the strips are much narrower, but I am not one for such fussy sewing on a large scale. This strip is 6" wide. The strips are cut 1 1/4" wide and the base triangles are from a 2 1/2" square. I made the first one on a piece of paper just to get the measurements, then I chain pieced the next four. Now, I only have 75 units to go. I am making this from goodwill shirts and scraps. It will take a while, but I think it is going to be very cool when done.
Back to the spiderweb quilt another day.
Joyful quilting, everyone.