Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wow! Look what I got in the mail!

I have been part of the Doll Quilter's Monthly swap for several months now.  I have received some very wonderful small quilts as part of this swap.  This one is from Barbara Black at My Joyful Journey. I love the fabrics.  Barbara took colors from the focus fabric to use as background in the star blocks.  The shiny silvery fabric in the nine patches is really beautiful.  It is quilted with variegated thread that matches the colors in the fabrics.  She must have known of my love of dark fabrics.  This one is a great addition to my wall of small quilts.  I am skipping the October swap because I am just not a fan of anything spooky, and that is the theme. 
 This is a very fun and talented group of quilters.  It is not to late to join, if you are interested.  I love the small quilts for so many reasons. They actually get finished, which is a big plus.  I can use fabrics from my stash which is mostly made up of small pieces of fabrics and scraps.  I get to try new and fun patterns and quilting techniques.  I get to add small quilts from quilters all over the country to my collection.  What could be better?
Joyful quilting, everyone.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

wow, beautiful! you are so lucky.