Saturday, September 29, 2012

New blocks

Here is this week's Grandmother's Choice block, New Jersey.  I like the block, but I think I would like it better with the fabrics reversed.
Yep.  I like it better this way.  I decided to start another set of these blocks using my batiks for the darks as well as the lights.  I only have four to catch up on and two of them are relatively easy, so I don't think it will be a problem.  Of course, I have to do that sunflower again, but it will only make me a better piecer, right?
Then, because I didn't have fifteen or more other things needing to be finished, ha ha, I decided to try something new.  I have seen this idea several places.  One I love was done by Nifty and can be seen here - Nifty Quilts, and another I love is here - Quilts and Dogs.  In both of these, the design looks different because of the way the wedges were put together.  I am going to do this with the scraps in my bins as I get time.  This will be a long term project, but a fun one.
Tonight, Tom and I are taking photos at a wedding, but we are doing the photo booth corner without the booth.  I have been busy putting together props for the last couple of weeks.  It should be fun.
Until tomorrow, joyful quilting, everyone.
 
 

4 comments:

Venus de Hilo said...

That scrappy-stripes/octagon project is going to be fun -- and use up scraps! (The "spiderweb" version is on my bucket list.)

Willa said...

Great new squares!!!

Willa said...

More great squares!!! Thanks for sharing.

Impera_Magna said...

Ah ha! You got bit by the "make two blocks" bug! *lol*

Great blocks and interesting to see them with the dark/light reversed!

The octagon block looks interesting.... hmmm....