Sunday, April 10, 2011

And now for something completely different

I have sewn together all the blocks for the Nature Rhythms quilt and they are on the design wall.  This quilt is turning out just like the one we first saw, and we like it just as well.  It is a very distinct departure from my normal style.  I would never have thought to do anything like this had I not seen one made up.  I am glad I bought this kit.  The kit had just enough fabric to cut what I needed.  There were a few small bits left of some of the fabrics, and I have been using them in other projects.  To get the pattern for this quilt, go to Clothworks Textiles.

I also decided to try and make a small (8" square) Dresden plate with some of the scraps from the fruits and veggies fabrics.  This was my first attempt at this.  I drew a circle, then marked lines for 12 equal petals.  I ironed three pieces of freezer paper together to make a sturdy template, traced one of the petals, and used it to cut all twelve pieces.  I did the circle by folding and cutting freehand.  I still have to attach this to a background fabric, but I think it is fun so far.

I would like to encourage all of you to stop by Confessions of a Fabric Addict and read about the Hands to Help challenge.  I will be participating in this challenge and I hope some of you will consider it.  I also have a button on the side panel that will take you to the post about this program. 

Joyful quilting, everyone.

No comments: