Monday, December 27, 2010

My New Quilt Frame and Sewing Machine

My wonderful husband gave me a new Little Grace quilt frame and a new Juki quilting machine for a combined birthday and Christmas present. I got it set up in time to finish the quilt I made for my sister and her husband for Christmas. I really like it and can't wait to get the next quilt on the frame.
I have joined the Cedar River Quilt Guild and look forward to participating in their charity projects. This group makes preemie quilts for a local hospical NICU. I just finished washing the fabric for my first preemie quilt. There is a group within the guild that also participates in the Hero quilt project making quilts to donate to wounded soldiers. When I got the quilt frame and machine, I was determined to participate in making quilts for charities. There are a number of opportunities to create quilts for a cause out there. For now, I am going to start with these. I am looking forward to being part of this guild.
I intend to use this space to share the quilts I make, tips I pick up along the way, and anything else about fabric and quilting that I find interesting. As time goes on, I hope to become a very active member of the online quilting community.

No comments: