Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Quilt Gifts

This Christmas, I made four quilts as gifts for some people in my family. The on on the quilt frame is the one I made for my sister and her husband. It was the first quilt I quilted on my new frame. I selected the colors based on my sister's favorites, and I quilted with an all over wave pattern because they live on the water,






Our youngest son is a chef. I decided to create a lap quilt for him made of fabric with realistic foods. There are figs, peaches, potato chips, olives, raspberries, and many more tantalizing food fabrics included in this quilt.




I made a third quilt for the oldest son and his wife. He is a glass artist and she designs jewelry. They both like contrasting colors in the blue and orange families. I found a perfect layer cake by Moda to make their quilt. It is also a lap quilt.



I made one more quilt for my daughter and her husband. I don't have a photo of it yet, but will post it when I do. It is also made from and Moda layer cake, but has a very different look.

My current project is a preemie quilt. I will post photos as I make more progress.


No comments: