I added the applique pieces to this piece and I like it a little better. I am hoping that I will be inspired to do a great job quilting it. It needs feathers or something. It will be a great practice piece. It is a good thing I have some of this challenge fabric left to try again.
As part of our Univera team, our group does charity stockings each December. In addition to the fancy soaps and hand lotions I have collected this year, I decided to make some small pouches to be included. I used fabric I had on hand. These are fun and easy to make, just time consuming. I do wish I would get faster at these things, but I guess I need more practice.
My most recent project is this Christmas small quilt. I started with my scraps in my Christmas fabric bin and created these nine patches.
Then I cut them to create a disappearing nine patch, one of my favorite patterns.
Finally, I searched for and found this wonderful angel pattern by Erin Russek. I changed it up a little, but not too much. I am still deciding whether or not to add eyes. I always worry that I will do it wrong and ruin the overall effect. I am very happy with how this came out. I really like the fabrics I found to use in the background, and I think the angel is so sweet. I found this pattern a long time ago, and almost forgot about it. If you love it, you can still find it at http://erinrussek.typepad.com/one-piece-at-a-time/2011/10/celebrate-christmas-quilt-a-long.html.
That is pretty much what I have been up to this week in the studio. I hope you all have been enjoying your week. Joyful quilting, everyone.