Sunday, October 7, 2012

Eagles and Aunt Eliza's Star

I do really enjoy foundation paper piecing.  You can create the most amazing things.  I am very impressed with the people who are able to create these patterns. 

These eagles will soar near the top of the America the Beautiful quilt I will be building over the next several weeks from the pattern pieces I collected on the shop hop.  Hooray!  Another project to use my batiks!
Speaking of batiks.  Here is the batik version of this week's Grandmother's Choice block.  This one is Aunt Eliza's Star.  It seems that many of the blocks we have done so far are made to be set on point.  Perhaps this will be my first on point quilt.  Whoohoo!  Another challenge.
Here is the paisley version.  Red was my theme today, I guess.
I am going to spend the rest of the afternoon working on some marketing research for our health and wellness business.  Have to make some money so I can buy some thread and backing fabric for the quilts that are stacking up and need quilting.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.  Joyful quilting, everyone.
 
 

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great eagle blocks - simple, but what a statement! Love your star blocks - after the last two, this one was a breeze

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Miki. That eagle block is really distinctive and pretty. A good choice for your quilt theme. And the red blocks are lovely, too.
best, nadia