Friday, October 21, 2011

Two New Blocks and a finish


I had just enough made fabric left to make another BOM block.  Tomorrow, I need to make another big piece of fabric to finish the blocks.  I have six more to go now.  A couple of them need large squares (9").  I had trouble with the green stem in this As you can see, it is not quite centered.  I have one more stem piece I have to make for this project.  I guess I better read how to do it.  I also have to include leaf triangles on one block, and I think I will use the same green rather than make green fabric.  I hope it turns out okay.  If not, I will just go ahead and make some green fabric.  Maybe I will let you all be the judge.


Here is today's Jacob's Ladder block.  I love this floral.  I had a small piece of it in  my original stash, but didn't know what it was.  Then, on a trip to Sister's Quilt Shop in Chehalis, WA, I found a bolt hidden on a bottom shelf.  I was quite overjoyed, but relatively broke, so I was only able to buy a yard.  It is Christmas Presence by April Cornell for Moda.  Not sure why I love it so much, but I think it is the colors.


I also spent some time finishing this mini quilt top this morning, before I finished piecing Bella's quilt top.  I am so slow at applique.  Part of it is my glasses.  I really need new ones.  Part of it was the light I was working with.  We fixed that a few days ago, so I was finally able to finish it.  I you want to know more about this quilt, hop on over the Quilters, Books and Bindings. I have explained it in a couple of posts there.

Tomorrow, I will be making more cloth, making a new JL block, working on my Christmas quilt, and hopefully doing a little quilting.  What are you planning for your Saturday?
Joyful quilting, everyone.


5 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

All look great! Love that red and green theme, with the turquoise added!

Sarah Craig said...

I love the way you've used "made" fabric to piece your blocks - genius!!! Beautiful blocks, too - both the "made fabric" block and the Jacob's Ladder. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!! Whoop whoop!!

Cathy said...

I love your Jacobs Ladder. I've been working on mine too. Hugs

Angie said...

Your 'made fabric' leaf is beautiful---so brilliant---and I have just fallen in love with that April Cornell floral. Is that one that's in the shops now? Or is it an older line? Your little quilt is adorable. I'm slow at applique too but it's one of my most favorite things to do. :)

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Can't wait to see what you do with your BOM's love the colors!! the applique piece is great! Love it! and your ladder blocks are turning out amazing! fun to watch them grow!