Sunday, January 30, 2011

Short studio time today

Today, Tom and I drove to Gig Harbor to have an artist's date. We visited a gallery, took photographs, ate a nice lunch, and visited Harbor Quilts. I didn't get into the studio very much, but I did get this block made for the Oh, My Stars quilt. There is another block for this section, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.
Tomorrow, I will also have photos of my granddaughter (2 1/2 years old) selecting fabric to make a quilt for her other grandmother. She wants squares, triangles, circles and rectangles. She chose pinks, reds, and purples - about 12 fabrics from my stash, in all. Tuesday, I will have the shapes ready for her to play with on the design wall. Once she figures out a pattern she likes, I will sew it together. It should be a fun project.

No comments: