Monday, March 19, 2012

Quilters Anonymous Quilt Show photos


One of the reasons I really wanted to get well fast last week was to be able to go to the Quilters Anonymous annual show in Monroe, Washington.  Tom and I were able to make it yesterday, and I am so glad we did.  The quilt above was made by Dorothy "Sally" Leboeuf.  It is the inspiration for my Provencal quilt.  Sally is the founder of the Rebels, a quilt group I joined last year.  She was the featured quilter at this show.  Her quilting is astounding, but I don't think I got good photos of her quilting, just her colors.  Here are just two more of her stunning quilts.



There were several quilts by fellow Rebels, but I only got a couple of photos.


This one is by Patty House.  It has been great fun watching the progress on this one at meetings.


This one is by Lisa Jenni.  It doesn't show in this photo, but the inset ovals all have wonderful textures.  This is a small but powerful quilt.
This was Tom's first quilt show, and he was fascinated and very impressed with the variety of quilting patterns and techniques.  Since I am not a great quilter, so it was the first time he has really been exposed to the wonder and variety of what quilting adds to a quilt.  It is really great to have such a supportive husband who is interested enough in what I do to look forward to going to quilt shops, and perhaps another show.
 In my next post, I will share some of the other quilts I really liked from this show.  Until then, joyful quilting, everyone.







2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What fun, alive quilts! Really love the triangle one, my kind of piece to hang on the wall.

Snoodles said...

So glad you are feeling better -- how wonderful to have a Mr. that appreciates our craft! Love the awesome colors in those quilts. :)