Saturday, September 24, 2011

I am back

Since summer ended and I started spending three days a week with my wonderful granddaughter, I have had trouble getting into a regular studio routine.  Once I think I have it, other things seem to interfere like work that pays, visiting family, and whatever pops up.  Now, I am trying to establish a regular block of studio time.  Today, I was happily working in my studio, and got quite a bit done.


I am making progress on my small quilt for my Quilters, Books, and Bindings group.  I have added the stems, leaves, and started adding the flowers.  I decided to put a border on it so I could bring a couple of flowers out further.  At this point, it is all hand work waiting.  I will do that in the evenings or while Bella is napping.


I also worked on my Christmas quilt.  I couldn't resist adding the red and white as a border around the Virgin.  I started making several more blocks to help this quilt grow.  I am not sure how big I want it.  I guess I will keep making fabric until I run out of the fabric I am using.


Speaking of making fabric - I made the flowers for the top quilt out of some of my favorite Kaffe fabrics in my stash.  I decided to make some fabric using the left over pieces from the flowers.  I liked it so much, I have decided to make enough to make all the BOMs at the 15 Minute Play site so I will have a sampler quilt done by December 1.  I think I will pick up one of the blues for the background fabric in the blocks.  I am pretty excited about it.  I love the colors in these fabrics and I think they will make a fantastic quilt.  I just have to make lots of fabric.
My new schedule will have me in my studio Friday through Monday most weeks.  Those will be the days I post on the blog, as well.  Next weekend will be another exception, however.  I have my nephew's wedding and out of town family to spend time with.  In the mean time, I plan on posting tomorrow and Monday. 
Have a joy filled Sunday, everyone.

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Changes in one's schedule and general "life events" do take some time for one to adjust. Glad you're settling in...

Love that flower with the green border... and the flowers-to-be growing outside the frame are gonna be great!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

I spend two to four days with my grandchildren. It's hard to get into any kind of routine. So when I have time 'off', I sew and sew. Your four day routine sounds great to me! Love the fabrics you have made and the Christmas quilt too.

sheila 77 said...

Your book quilt is lovely with the new flower additions. I love seeing the processes of your work. Good luck with getting some studio time fitted round real life time.

Nifty Quilts said...

Miki, I LOVE your red and green creations. Both are really knock out!!