Monday, August 8, 2011

New fabric and more Farmer's Wife blocks

I got a very nice package in the mail today.  I ordered these beauties from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I had my daughter-in-law select colors she wanted in a quilt, and I am very excited with what she chose.  I am going to use the same pattern I used for the H2H quilt.  I can't wait to get started.


I have been doing two of the Farmer's Wife blocks at a time.  Here are #1 - #6.  They are not in numerical order here.  I have to make more with the light fabric.  I was inspired for the colors by the leaf fabric in reds, blue, and golds.  This was a thrift store shirt, and I am going to be frugal with it so it lasts for the whole quilt.  I used the same fabric for the first border around Hokule'a

I added the dark blue to the border to give the center breathing room.  I am happy with the way it is coming along.  I think the next thing is stars.  I think this section will be in the lower right part of the quilt with the next borders only on two sides.  Then, I will put one other border around the entire thing.  As with everything I make, I reserve the right to change my mind along the way.
Tomorrow is another quilty day.
Joyful quilting, everyone.



2 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I enjoy all the wonderful fabrics and colors you work with... you do such amazing things!

Pat V. said...

Wow! Hokule'a is gorgeous! Great work!