Friday, December 31, 2010

The Redesigned Studio



I have been working in different mediums in my wonderful studio over the past couple of years. For each, I have changed things around. During each change, my sewing machine stayed in a small dark corner. Not so, now. Quilting has taken over. Everything is easily reached. I have my big cutting mat, that my wonderful sister-in-law got for me, on my big table. I moved my sewing machine to the small table where I can simple turn in my chair and stitch. I have my stash in my bedroom just waiting for a shelving unit for the studio. In the meantime, I am having a great time in my redesigned studio.


I have started working on a preemie quilt for my quilt guild's charity project. The group, Cedar River Quilters, makes and donates 250+ preemie quilts to the NICU at a local hospital. I am excited to be making my first one. You can see the progress in the photo above. I am going to focus and star blocks this year, and this is my first one. One of my goals is to create a star sampler quilt. I have loads to learn, but am really enjoying it all.

No comments: